The lovely people at Mayer sent me the BaMix and a breadmaker not too long ago and of course, who could resist making these creamy soup? The Bamix is really easy to use and clean up, almost effortless i would say! it comes with a couple of blades which works very well with smoothies, soups, sauces or even non churn ice cream! Let me try to get the reviews up as soon as possible. Got a couple of product reviews which i have been procrastinating forever!
Now, back to the soup. i would say it’s pretty effortless to cook this soup and the end product was really what i was looking for.
- 40g Butter
- ½ Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Glove Garlic, Minced
- 225g Broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 Cups (500g) Chicken Broth
- 115g Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 115g Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup (250g) Milk
- ¼ TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Cornflour
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large stockpot
- Add onion and cook till translucent, then add in minced garlic
- Add chicken broth and broccoli and simmer until broccoli is tender
- Reduce heat to medium low and add in cheese. Continue stirring till cheese is fully melted
- Pour milk, garlic powder and cornflour into a microwave safe cup, whisk till it comes together and heat it till lukewarm, set aside
- Using the Bamix immersion blender, puree soup till desired consistency
- Pour cornflour mixture into soup and stir till thicken (Add a little hot water if soup is too thick for your liking)
- Serve hot with toasted bread
Ain’t that awesome?! No more paying for over priced soup and you get to adjust the consistency of you soup to your desired chunkiness. What’s better? You know what goes into your soup, no more thickener, extra starches or whatever that is not needed :D PERFECT!