Finally back to the blog-sphere. Was really busy with school.
Shall do a macaron post since some of you are asking for it. 🙂
Macarons is one of my favourite dessert to eat and bake. They are so tiny yet they pack a punch of flavors esp if you use good almonds. Every macaron baking is an adventure i swear. Even i have done these umpteen times, i still get nervous when i beat the egg whites and mix the macaronage. A couple of extra beat on the egg whites, you would get dry egg whites which is absolutely what you don’t want. Reminder: nv walk away when you are beating the egg whites. Stare at it if possible… haha.. i’m kidding but keep an eye on it.
Macaronage is also an important part of a successful macaron. You wanna to mix it just right. Your macarons will fail if you over/under mix them. I usually eye ball it so if you do it a couple more times, you would definitely get the hang of it.
Almond Macarons with Nutella
i had forgotten to make the ganache before hand and was really lazy to wait for it to set and stuff, so Nutella to the rescue 😛
For Macaron Shells:
3 egg whites
50g granulated sugar
200g icing sugar
110g ground almonds
- Sift icing sugar with ground almond (Make sure you sift so that your macarons shell will be smooth)
- Whisk egg whites till foamy and slowly add in the sugar. Beat till you get a stiff peak. Be careful, dry egg whites
- Add your dry ingredients to your egg whites & fold in. i did mine in 2 portions. (You really don’t have to be too gentle with it.)
- Fold in till you get a slow moving magma batter
- Pipe on baking sheet & bake at 150C for 12-15 mins
Pipe batter on parchment paper and leave shell to dry
You wanna dry the shells so that you get the infamous feets 😡
Get ready to pipe them with whatever fillings you want 🙂 There are tonnes of variations you can work with! Buttercream? Ganache? jelly?
Piped shells. I filled them up with nutella & green tea buttercream 🙂
Enjoy & dig into it!