Orange Chiffon Cake! ♥♥
Pardon that low quality photo. The warm light in my kitchen is just so not suitable for food photography.
Back to chiffon cake, before i complain further about the lighting! I love warm lights, but it’s just so bad for taking photo esp food!
Chiffon cake is just something so therapeutic to bake. There’s always this sense of satisfaction when your cake come out tall and stout! This recipe is definitely a die for if you love light and fluffy chiffon cake! Really amazing recipe here adapted from Kevin Chai.
There are just so many variation you can have to a chiffon cake, be it different kind of fruits, tea infused or even black sesame, yam, coffee & etc . Will be trying out something tea infused soon. Stay tune!
Back to the recipe…
Egg Yolk Batter
- 7 egg yolks
- 50g sugar
- 60ml orange juice (I use juice from 2 oranges)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tsp orange flavour/compound (I omitted this)
- 4 tbsp cooking oil (I used corn oil)
- 2 tbsp grated orange zest
- 110g self-raising flour (I replaced with cake flour)
- Few drops of orange coloring (I omitted this)
Egg White Foam
- 7 egg whites
- 130g sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
(Egg Yolk Batter)
1. Mix egg yolks, sugar, salt, oil, orange zest, orange juice in a mixing bowl. Fold in sifted flour until a batter is formed. Set aside for later use.
(Preparing Egg White Foam)
1. Whisk egg white and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add in sugar till stiff peaks is formed.
2. Gently fold beaten egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture until well mixed. Pour into a 22 cm chiffon cake mold and bake in a preheated oven at 170C for 30 -40 minutes or until cooked.
3. Remove from oven and invert cake pan to cool.
A really easy recipe for you out there to try out. This recipe is almost fool- proof.
Unless you do something funny to it.
Do try out the recipe and let me know if you all like it? 🙂