Don’t these dinner roll look great? I bet they taste so good, you are gonna make batches of them over and over again!
This recipe just gives the right texture to the bread, so soft and fluffy and what’s better? It stays soft for at least a couple of days. Not some recipe which gives you almost “stale” bread the next day. They go so well with almost anything.. Jam, spreads, butter & perfect with soup.. Especially now, when it gets cold, all you need is just a bowl of hot soup with these steamy, fluffy buns!
- 1 package (1/4 oz or 2-1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 4 tbsp melted butter plus 2 tbsp for brushing on later
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 cups (plus some if necessary) flour
Active time: 30 minutes
Inactive time: 2 hours
Servings: 16 dinner rolls
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Let stand until the mixture begins to bubble. Add the salt, sugar, butter, and eggs and mix.
- Slowly add the flour while mixing. Continue to add flour until the dough is no longer sticky and is very pliable.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is soft and elastic.
- Place in an oiled bowl and turn over to light coat the dough entirely in oil. Cover loosely and let rise in a warm spot for 1 to 1-1/2 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 pieces of equal size. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place on a lightly oiled cooking sheet and allow to rise for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Brush the 2 tbsp of melted butter on the tops. Place the rolls in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on cooling racks for a few minutes. Enjoy with soup, pasta, or whatever you’re having for dinner!
Isn’t that easy? You can shape the dough into any shape you want!
i made a mixture of Kaiser and round dinner rolls
I put my round dough into a muffin tin to give it the shape. You could just bake in in any ordinary pan. Just remember to grease it
You could spread almost anything with it and it will taste as good :p