Anything will cinnamon is good to go for me. Got these no knead cinnamon roll recipe from pioneer women! What’s so good bout this recipe besides it being decadently delicious? it’s NO-KNEAD! i would throw it into my mixer if kneading is needed, but no knead means there’s 1 less item to wash! How great!
(Adapted from Pioneer women)
Yields 12 buns
- 1 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 2 2/3 cups plain flour (+ 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g unsalted butter – melted (i didn’t melt it. i just left it to melt at room temperature and just spread it with a spatula. Just so that i don’t have to clean up the mess of dripping butter)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Cinnamon powder (I used 2 tbsp, but more or less is up to you)
- Sultanas (optional)
1. Mix the milk, vegetable oil and sugar in a pan.
2. Scald the mixture (heat until just before the boiling point). Turn off heat and leave to cool for about 30 mins.
3. When the mixture is lukewarm to warm, but not hot, sprinkle in dry yeast. Let this sit for a min.
4. Add 2 2/3 cups of flour. Stir mixture together. Cover and let rise for at least an hour.
5. Add 1/3 cup of flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir mixture together. At this point the dough will be quite sticky, you could cover the dough and put it in the fridge until you need it – overnight or even a day or two. This will give you a firmer dough. Just keep your eye on it and if it starts to overflow out of the pan, just punch it down. (i roll my dough immediately)
6. When ready to prepare rolls: Sprinkle rolling surface generously with flour. Form a rough rectangle with the dough. Then roll the dough thin, maintaining a general rectangular shape.
Spread room temperature butter onto rolled-out dough and sprinkle generous amount of brown sugar and cinnamon! I went heavy on the cinnamon but still felt it wasn’t enough. gonna add 3 tbsp next time!
i’m a cinnamon sucker
You gotta try this recipe if you love cinnamon! Till then