One of my friend requested for earl grey cookies, so there you have it! *although virtually, you could still have it if you try baking it!
Small tip for those who do not have a food processor, don’t shun away from this recipe. All you have to do is to mix the dry ingredients together & use a masher/fork to cut the butter in 🙂
You could really use any brand of tea leaves as per your preference but since i liked a stronger flavor, therefore TWG. Also remember if you are using tea leaves, remember to give it a quick blend as you wouldn’t want tea leaves all over ur teeth. Not a very nice thing esp if you are giving them away 😡
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons loose Earl Grey tea leaves (i used 3)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- In a food processor, pulse together the flour, tea, and salt, until the tea is just spotted throughout the flour.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and butter. Pulse together just until a dough is formed.
- Place dough on a sheet of plastic wrap, and roll into a log, about 2 1/2-inches in diameter. Tightly twist each end of wrap, and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the log into 1/3-inch thick disks. Place on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets, 2 inches apart (2 probably needed depending on size of sheets).
- Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks and cool to room temperature.
What you see here are 2 portions! The recipe that i provided above yields 1 potion (1/2 of what you see) 🙂
i bottled them and gave them away to friends. So sorry for the lack of photos in this post. I only had everything done at 5.30 and was meeting my friend at 6.10! a bit of mad dash there.
To all tea lovers out there, you could substitute any tea of your preference. Might try a fruity tea soon and see what happens! haha 😀