Cookies! Many people have been asking me for cookies! Therefore, different type of cookies are constantly on my mind. I got to do something different everytime so people don’t get bored with whatever i’m feeding them. *not that they are complaining, but it’s rather boring to do the same thing over and over again.
Dad bought some dried cranberry home and told me to use it for baking! haha! Yes, he’s always the one requesting for different bakes. I always use wholewheat flour when i’m baking for the family, firstly cos we prefer soft cookies & it’s
Those who cannot get hold of wholewheat flour, you may use regular plain flour.
These cookies are really easy to bake & they yield a pretty large portion each time. I always like baking in large portion, in that case, i have more than enough to go around w/o having to bake the same thing within like 2 days! i’m quite anal about baking similar stuffs couple of days apart as it doesn’t give me the kind of baker’s satisfaction. Since i have done these cookies, i’ve been handling quite a large batch of order. People who tasted them really liked it, so i hope to share it with you people!
(yield 2 dozens cookies)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark is up to you)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups King Arthur Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans or walnuts (or any nuts of ur preference)
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat
- Cream together the butter, sugar, orange juice, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda & salt
- Beat in the egg until well combines; scrape the sides & bottom of mixing bowl. Add flour, mixing till smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips, cranberries & nuts
- Drop by the tablespoon onto baking sheet (i refrigerate my dough for a couple of hours for easy handling)
- Bake for 12-14 mins
i like measuring the ingredients first as it makes baking more systematic & i have less to deal with.
a step by step for those who needs it!
Pinch them into small morsels and they are all ready for the oven! you may have them any size you prefer
That’s some dough porn! i thought it really looked like a xmas tree! *Feeling all christmasy
Right from the oven!
Presenting to you, THE TOWER OF COOKIES!
Shall end here. Gonna do another blog post!
Happy Baking! 😀