Almond shortbread cookies! i’ll be really quick in updating this post, rushing off to prepare the reunion dinner.
This is a really tasty & fragrant cookies, perfect for any occasion! Almond has always been my nemesis, thus i added like 2 portions of almond
(more than what the recipe calls for) . i though it enhances the taste of the cookies and always bring out the original nutty flavor of the almond.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon amaretto liquor (use almond essence if you cant get it, but it might not be as fragrant)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
1) In a large mixing bowl, using mixer, beat butter, sugar, amaretto, salt until smooth and creamy.
2) With mixer on low speed, add flour and mix until dough forms.
3) Using rubber spatula, mix in almonds. (i did this step in my KA too, too lazy to whip out extra utensils)
4) Form dough into a rectangular log (or 2 rectangular logs). Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Once the log is wrapped in plastic wrap, it is easier to continue shaping it as a more perfectly shaped rectangular log. Freeze the log for 40 minutes in freezer, then 20 minutes in refrigerator. ( i refrigerate it overnight)
5) Preheat oven to 325. Using sharp knife, cut dough into 1/4 inch thick slices, place them on un-greased baking sheet 1 inch apart. Bake until edges are golden, about 12 minutes.
6) Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
The amount ingredients i used to churn out doughs to complete all my chinese new year baking! That’s like massive! 10kgs each of butter, flour & sugar!
i prefer to prepare all the dough at once, than slowly work them out 🙂 Makes thing easier for me in the kitchen!
Wishing all my readers a Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year!