The yearly affair of baking for the lunar new year has began! Unknowingly, it has became a tradition with the mom that we always make a point to bake some new year goodies together 🙂
Lunar new year is just around the corner, or rather tomorrow! So sorry i was so late in posting up this recipe! A lot of you all have been asking me for it, so here it is!
i actually do not really like eating all the new year goodies at all.. HAHA! i’m guessing it’s because i have been baking & baking, thus with every tray in the oven, there’s a diminishing want of it. BUT… i’ll still make this every year. Firstly because my brother likes it and it’s really easy to make!
- 100g unsalted butter, soften
- 100g castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 175g self raising flour
- Cornflakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Cream butter & sugar till well mixed
- Add in the egg & flour, Mix well
- Mix in the crushed cornflake. (i just let it mix in my KA at speed 2)
- Use a spoon to fill the baking paper to almost the brim (doesn’t really rise)
- Bake for 15-20 mins or till brown.
There you go, CORNFLAKE cookies! A really yummy and buttery snack! Enjoy baking 🙂