This bread was totally a random bake! Apparently i had nothing to do and was stuck at home due to the really terrible haze that hit Singapore! How irresponsible of the indonesians! Although my house was fully air conditioned, somehow i still smell the haze! BAD!!
i was totally hoping that the aroma of freshly baked bread would be able to overpower the awful haze! Back to the this savory loaf of bread, the bacon were amazing, the bread was really fluffy, everything you could ask for for a nice loaf of bread. Totally didn’t regret doing this!
At times when i open a recipe book, i’m overwhelmed by the choices available and ultimately, i will just pick one that catches my eye or something that the family likes 😀 Alright, down to the recipe now. i think i’m starting to blabber, 3rd post of the night & it’s 4.28am in Singapore!
Bacon Cheese Loaf! Savory for me anytime!
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 250g bread flour
- 15g castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 150g water
- 20g unsalted butter
- 30g sliced onion
- 40g mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Slice bacon and fry till crispy over small fire, drain off excess oil and season with black pepper
- Mix all of ingredient B together and knead till slightly glossy
- Add in unsalted butter and continue kneading till it passes the windowpane test
- Knead in bacon from (A) and leave dough to proof for roughly 80mins
- Roll dough into a round ball, cover with clingfilm and let dough rest for 15mins
- Roll dough to 20cm x 15cm, and shape
- Proof dough in baking tin for another 50mins
- Sprinkle sliced onions, cheese and black pepper on loaf before sending it to the oven
- Bake @ 180°C for 30mins
Anyway, check out how soft the loaf is! The bacon, cheese, onion and pepper really ties everything together! i guess i’ll be baking more savory bread soon!
Till then, Happy Baking 😀