Wholemeal Bun! Finally something more healthy! this is my to go recipe for a good wholemeal bun! i love the texture that the wholemeal flour gives and at the same time, this recipe doesn’t have eggs included *vegetarian friendly and a very small amount of butter. i do not have a standard filling for my bun, i just fill with whatever that comes to my mind, or whatever the family requests for.
Here we go!
(Yields 10 30g bun)
- 70g bread flour*
- 100g wholemeal flour* (i use organic wholemeal flour)
- 25g sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp yeast
- 105g milk
- 20g butter
** You may do a combination of whatever proportion of wholemeal to bread flour. Just make sure it totals up. For those who do not fancy that much wholemeal, just go for 30g
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixer and using a dough hook mix till well combined.
- Add milk till dough is formed.
- Add softened butter and knead for 15 minutes or till dough is not sticky and forms a membrane when stretch. (windowpane test)
- Place dough in a greased container,cling wrap it and proof for 45 minutes or till it doubles its size.
- Remove and divide them into small doughs(around 30g) and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out,fill and shape as desired.
- Place shaped dough onto lined baking tins,cling wrap and proof for 45 minutes.
- Brush with milk
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 15-18 minutes at 170°C.
- Remove from baking tin immediately and cool on rack.
Ham & cheese topped with multi grain toppings! The toppings gives it an extra ohm and bites to it.
Assorted buns for the family’s breakfast!
Feeling so accomplished! For the very 1st time i completed a blog post on the very day i bake! *beaming with pride 🙂
For those of you who likes a really fluffy bread, be sure to try this out! i’m sure you won’t regret!
Happy baking people! Back to the recipe books, a friend requested for mont blanc and passion fruit macarons! Let’s see what can i spin up! 😛