Tie Dye Macarons! This is just my usual base recipe just that i add some color to my piping bag! These babies are filled with marshmallow buttercream with a sprinkle of dark cocoa nibs just to cut down the sweetness a little. These were made for a bunch of children and marshmallow was requested and children always get their way around!
Anyway, i had couple of first for this set of macarons! i have not tried making tie dye macarons before and that filling was a rather interesting one to make. i actually had fun adjusting the recipe and was really glad that the children loved it!
Yields 30 macarons (Depending on the size you pipe)
- 100g egg whites (about 3 egg whites)
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 200 grams icing sugar
- 110 grams ground almonds
- 25 grams granulated sugar
- Color as you desire (NO LIQUID COLORING!!) Use paste or powdered
- Sieve ground almonds and icing sugar into a bowl
- Whip room temperate aged egg whites with cream of tartar till soft peak and gradually adding in granulated sugar till you get a stiff peak! (Remember we want stiff peaks, not dry meringue)
- Incorporate dry ingredients in 3 additions into the meringue and fold in till you get a smooth moving lava
- Color your piping bag with strips of colors that you want to create the tie dye (i forgot to take a picture of this. Will try to remember the next time)
- Pipe and dry shells till they are not tacky to the fingers when touching
- Bake at 150C for 15 mins (Every oven temperature differs & i would strongly suggest getting an oven thermometer)
Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
Recipe Adapted from bakedbree
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- Sprinkles of cocoa nibs (optional)
- Cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add the marshmallow creme.
- Whip for 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioners sugar and continue to beat for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and vanilla bean.
These are how the shells look! The interesting part about this is, no 2 shells are the same.
i hope to be back here asap. Let me first settle the interview i have next week. Have yet to think of the bakes i need to prepare for tasting