Fancy a muffin that’s low in sugar? This is the perfect treat for you! And here’s the deal, if you would like to bake something really fuss free with minimal clean up, muffins are for you!
i’m not so much a muffin person, but this particular recipe really packs a punch.
Adapted from wholeandheavenlyoven
Yields 12-16 muffins depending on pan size
- 113g Butter (Room Temperature)
- 120g Brown Sugar
- 35g Sugar **You could use 155g of Castor sugar if you prefer a sweeter version)
- 122g Plain/ Greek Yoghurt
- Zest of 2 Oranges
- 2 Eggs
- 240g Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 180g Whole Wheat Flour
- 120g Plain Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 200g Blueberry
- 32g Whole Wheat/ Plain Flour
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 85g Sliced Almonds
- 55g Butter (Cubed)
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease baking pan or you may use muffin cases if you prefer it that way
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Gradually add in yogurt, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla until combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk sifted flour, baking powder and salt. Reserve 1 tablespoon flour mixture for coating the blueberries
- Gradually add dry ingredients into the mixture and mix till just combined
- Use reserved flour from step 5 to coat the blueberries and gently toss them into the batter
- Fill muffin pans till almost full and set aside while you prepare the crumble
- Prepare almond crumble by mixing all the ingredients together
- Pack it evenly onto of the batter
- Bake muffins for 28 minutes
- Leave it to cool in the muffin pan for 10mins before transferring them to a cooling rack
You want to make sure the blueberries are well coated to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the batter
Do a quick fold in
Love the conveniences of this cupcake scoop from Tovolo. Does a really clean job and no more weighing the batter!
All ready for the oven!
i kinda love how these muffins looked! Rustic yet …..
These babies pack a punch, with that juicy blueberry! Perfect for breakfast or tea!