if you are a lover for scones, this is THE recipe for you! Buttery and flakey, and more importantly moist! it’s nothing like those random scones that you get outside, hard, dry and really heavy on the texture!
i ❣❣❣ a good scone with some english tea! And this, i swear is the perfect recipe! This was a huge crowd pleaser during my demo for Kitchenaid! Even the staff at Tangs Orchard are loving it too! With this basic recipe, you could literally add anything you like to it. Sweet or savoury, fruity or spicy maybe? There’s just some much you could do with this.
Yields 12 Scones depending on cutters size
- 250g Bread Flour
- 30g Sugar
- 14g Baking Powder
- 5g Salt
- 60g Cold Butter (Cubed)
- 135g Whipping Cream
- 17g Honey
- 30g Whole Eggs
- 100g Dried Fruits (i use black currants, cranberry bits as well as citrus peels)
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (Excluding dried fruits)
- Rub in the cubed cold butter into the dry ingredients till it represent crumbs (if you are lazy or have a really warm palm like me, use a mixer attached with a paddle attachment)
- Add in whipping cream, honey and eggs
- Mix till just combined
- Add in dried fruits
- Pour dough onto slightly floured table or using any pastry mat, lightly flatten to 1-1.5 inch in height
- Cut using scones cutter
- Lightly brush with egg wash and bake for 13-16 minutes till golden brown
- Serve warm
Love this baking mat! it’s unlike your regular silicone mat that has this really weird and strange rubbery smell after baking!
♥♥♥♥♥ The perfect scones! ♥♥♥♥♥
Light, moist & buttery! What more can you ask for?