What not to love about roasted berries and yogurt?
These are so so good and do you know, roasting the berries brings out the natural sweetness and juices of the berries! i love how fuss free these popsicles are!
You could totally choose to omit roasting the berries but i love how the juices from the berries marries the tanginess of the yogurt! Also, this is a great way to get rid of left over berries lying in your fridge! i always love to buy my berries in multiple punnets, but am always left with a little of each here and there , so this is an absolute life saver for me! No more throwing away berries and they preserve much longer in the popsicles!
Yields 6 Popsicles
- 450g Honey Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup of Blueberries
- 1 Cup of Strawberries
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Hull and chop strawberries into small chunks and squeeze juice of half a lemon over it
- Put blueberries in another baking pan and squeeze the remaining lemon juice
- Stir and coat all the fruits evenly with lemon juice
- Roast berries for 20 mins
- Cool berries and lightly swirl berries into the yogurt
- Transfer to freezer and freeze overnight
- To unfold, run mould under running water for 5 seconds
Loving the Citrus Reamer! So easy to get the juices without the mess!
Love the swirls of the juices that intertwine between the yogurt!
You could totally use any kind of berries you have at home! Even fruits like kiwis, peaches works extremely well too!
Perfect treat for the hot & humid day and at the same time, getting the kids their daily intake of fruits too!
Love the mould from Tovolo! Instantly beautify the popsicles