Alright! Back to the pineapple tarts recipe that i have issued last year. i changed it away a while ago and i have so many people emailing me regarding the old recipe, so here am i reposting the previous recipe. So for those who are interested in that recipe, there you go.
Just imagine a gold nugget encased on black gold, Perfect Match! You could totally do the regular version without the charcoal powder, i will include the notes on the regular pineapple tarts dough in the recipe.
- 380g Plain Flour
- 15g Charcoal Powder
- 50g Corn Flour
- 10g Milk Powder
- 47g Icing Sugar
- 320g Cold, Salted Butter, Cubed
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 45g Iced Water
- 1 Vanilla Bean Pod (Split pod into half and scrap vanilla beans)
- 1 kg Premium Pineapple Paste (Rolled into 10-15g Balls)
- ** if you are doing the open face like what i’m doing here, add 120g of unsalted butter and beat it up together with the pineapple jam that you got. This will ensure your jam doesn’t come out of the oven dry and caramalised
**Note: Use 400g Plain Flour if you want to do a regular dough
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, charcoal powder, milk powder and icing sugar together
- Whisk egg yolks, iced water and vanilla beans together, set aside
- Rub in cold cubed butter into the flour till it resembles fine bread crumbs
- Add wet ingredients from Step 2 into flour and butter mixture
- Gently coax all the ingredients into a large dough
- Divide dough into 2-3 portions and chill in the chiller till ready to use
- While dough is chilling, roll pineapple jam into 10-15g portions
- Once dough is chilled, proceed to assemble the tarts
- Preheat oven to 180c once you have completed half a tray of tarts
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
- Cool before packing
i did this batch using a heart shaped embossed cutter! Ain’t this cute?
i left the egg wash out as i wanted a black crust to contrast with the pineapple jam!
i also loved how the pineapple jam turned out. That 120g of butter whacked into the jam really made a whole lot of difference! No more sticky and gummy feeling with that pineapple jam!
Happy Baking and don’t hesitate to drop me an email if you have any questions!