Classic French Baguette
Finally back to blogging. These few month’s been really crazy at work and the sheer amount of work, classes and demos to conduct is just overwhelming!
Without further a do, let’s talk about french baguette! i’m one person who loves artisan bread! Crusty and slightly chewy is what i am looking for. As much as i love doing both breads and pastries, i tend to fall back to baking bread to destress! it’s much more relaxing to me as compared to pastries and not forgetting the sheer amount of washing to be done!
This baguette recipe is a really simple one and it’s one of my favourite because it’s so simple and fuss free! As long as it’s fuss free, that’s awesome to me!
- 50g Artisan Plain Flour
- 50g Water
- 0.5g Yeast
- 500g Artisan Plain Flour
- 150g Water
- 100g Poolish
- 5g Salt
- 1g Instant Yeast
- Mix flour, water and yeast till well combined
- Leave it at room temperature for 2 hours and transfer to chiller to rest overnight for a minimum of 8 hours
- Mix all ingredients together at a low speed for 5 minutes (Speed 4 on the Kitchenaid) and another 4 minutes on a medium speed (Speed 6 on the Kitchenaid)
- Check for window, and continue kneading if windowpane test is not achieved
- Pour dough in an oiled container and rest for 45 minutes
- Do a stretch and fold on the dough and let it rest for a further 30-45 minutes
- Cut and preshape dough into 150g portion and rest for 15 minutes
- Shape baguette dough and proof at room temperature for 45 minutes or till dough is ready
- Preheat oven to 230C
- Score baguette dough and bake for 16-18 minutes
- **Spray some water in the oven to create steam
- Let baguette cool before slicing
Love the holey moley crumbs of the baguette!
Single scoring instead of the usual five scoring when laziness gets the better of you! 😀
i hope you all enjoy the recipe and drop me a comment should you have any enquiries!