Durian Cheese Tarts!
With all the cheese tarts craze going on now, i was thinking i have to bake some soon! Having tried most of the baked cheese tarts out there, i must say they are really good but it’s always the case where if the fillings are really good, the tart shells are just meh and vice versa.
Of course the need to add durian into whatever possible since my family loves them and the fact that i’m baking for the family, i would usually try to incorporate some healthier options since i’m feeding the seniors in the family!
- 174g Plain Flour
- 52g Wholemeal Flour
- 124g Butter
- 38g Sugar
- 32g Eggs
- Mix plain flour, wholemeal flour and caster sugar together
- Rub in cold, cub butter till it resembles coarse bread crumbs
- Add in eggs and bring the dough together
- Rest dough in the freezer for 30 minutes before working on it
- Take dough out from freezer and weigh into 35g dough, press into tart mould
- Bake in 200c preheated oven for 12-15 minutes
- Set aside
Cheese Tart Filling
- 125g Cream Cheese
- 70g Mascarpone Cheese
- 70g Whipping Cream
- 30g Milk
- 50g Sugar
- 10g Lemon Juice
- 10g Egg Yolks
- 5g Corn Flour
- 120g Durian Puree
- Whisk cream cheese and mascarpone cheese till smooth
- Add in whipping cream, milk, sugar and lemon juice
- Whisk till homogeneous and cook over bain marie till it becomes smooth
- Incorporate sifted corn flour and egg yolks and whisk till thick
- Set aside and bring to room temperature
- Lay some durian puree at the base of the ready baked tart shells
- Fill up the rest of the shell with the cheese filling
- Put tarts in the freezer for 30 minutes till not wobbly
- Egg wash top of cheese filling with egg yolk
- Bake at 200c for 10 minutes for lava cheese and 15 minutes if you prefer something a little firmer
i’m using the tart mould from PushPan, brought in by the people behind kitchenary! Discount code below for those who are interested! Awesome mould as there is no worries about the tarts sticking to the bottom of the pan! For this, all you need to do is to push it up with ease! Perfect for lazy people like me!
Use discount code “MBC015” at http://www.kitchenary.com.sg for a 20% off all products till 31st July 2016
From 1st August, discount code will remain for a 15% off
Love the “burnt” top on the tarts! You can only get this if you chill the fillings then apply a layer of egg wash on it
i opted for something not too oozy as that’s how the family likes it. i have noted down the time for you all to reference in the recipe above
it’s apparent i have more durian than cheese!